Monday, September 27, 2010

The tests are coming.

Hi, this is Brenda.
Travis is super busy today, so I thought I'd help him out. It's another hard time for him because he has 2 or 3 big tests on Tuesday and not enough time to study and several problems that have stumped him. It's frustrating when your calc or physics problems don't work out and you don't know who to turn to!

Saturday he and Amy had some fun, but,of course, that used up studying time and Sunday was stressful.(It was still worth it though said by Travis) Here's some from an email about the soccer game Saturday.

The Soccer Game today against Bucknell was pretty intense. We scored 2 goals in the first half. Then, in the second half, a kid from my floor that I've talked to a little scored another one: ) He is a Freshman also and starts on their team. Amy and I always like to watch him... Anyway, he scored from about 30 yards out and it was pretty awesome. Then, since it was pretty rough as usual, one of our guys kept fighting for the ball, and knocking one of theirs over. A couple seconds later, that guy grabbed our guy around the neck like with his elbow (imagine giving a noogie) and threw him to the ground. A tiny brawl broke out and then Everyone was where it happened and the refs were discussing it. Everyone in the crowd was quite upset and there was some name calling as you could imagine. Anyway, it was really fun, and we won 3-1.

Keep up the good work, Travis. We are all rooting for you.
Love, Mom

One other funny thing that happened today was at Lunch when Amy came over. We were eating in the TDR, and Amy was talking about the Hoya Blue club she was in. She was thinking about things to put on her resume, and she said that being on a spirit club might not be to helpful. She said, "I want to join a more substantial club where I could maybe learn something, maybe College Democrats." I Said, "From Democrats?!?" I'm just kidding, but it was funny at the time:)

I have to go to bed earlyish so I can get ready for those tests.

Bye, All.

2 comments:

  1. You're taking those test right now Travis, sending lots of intelligent, test taking thoughts your way. Love,
    Tante

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They worked:) I think anyway, I have a good feeling about most of them:)

    ReplyDelete