Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chi Alpha

Today was a pretty ordinary day. I woke up, went and did a lab for a really long time, and then studied a bit before my next class. After those classes, I went to get some calculus help from the teacher and then tried to get some physics help from one of the teacher's aids. There were too many people in there though, so I didn't really get much help, though I did finish a couple more problems than I had done before the help session. Our homework was online and you have to input everything exactly right in order for it to work. Even all the messed up variable equations...

I ate some lunch and dinner today, and felt pretty good all day:) Hooray! I didn't cry even once. I hope it can continue like this, but I didn't really do too much homework today, so that was a little less stressful than it otherwise might have been. I worked and read until 8 and then went to this Chi Alpha service.

Its the Christian protestant group on campus. I think it was much like the Cardwell Church, because they had a praise band for a while and then a preacher, but I don't really know, because I haven't been to the Cardwell Church in quite a while. First, I was greeted and given a name tag. Then I was greeted by someone inside and given another name tag. So, if you looked at me from the right or the left you could see who I was. I met Dan, a pretty nice junior who is studying Political Science, imagine that. I also met Jonathon, who just happens to look exactly like Taylor Mason, except a lot younger. Anyway, we sang praise songs, while standing for like 30 minutes and then sat and they had someone play a video with some stuffed animals, so they could make the announcements more exciting. Then they took the offering, and the message was given. That was the first time I had seen anyone use a Bible on Ipod before. Then, everyone kinda hung out for a little bit, and they had food outside. I stood with Dan for a while and we talked a little about college and such, and then a Baptist recruiter came over to us.

That was about all to my day, except helping Amy with one of her calculus problems.

I have to go take a shower, so I can go to Physics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment