Monday, October 25, 2010

Changes...

So, to preface the events of today, I will start with yesterday. While I was studying at Georgetown, I got a text from Tyler saying he was going to be moving out to give us some more room or something. I actually preferred the triple, because it saves me 2600 dollars per year. At any rate, after I came home from Georgetown, I arrived at a room that seemed empty. He always had the most stuff, since he is form Boston, so his part of the room was filled up more than Charlie and my side. He also had posters on the walls, but by the time I got back, there was nothing of his left. Only an empty be and some cupboards were still there as I arrived. The TV was gone too, which kinda stunk, because Charlie has a DVD player that he bought here, also his N64. I was OK with the move as long as I wouldn't have to pay for the double rate for a while. Tyler moved in with one of his friends that was in a single. Also, last night, I was really tired and I went the bathroom and noticed that they had little containers under the dividers of the toilet stalls. I thought it was strange, but didn't pay much attention to it.

I slept for quite a while and then woke up and worked on my homework for lots of hours. In the morning, I went the bathroom and a girl went in right before me. This wasn't too unusual since they often used our bathroom, but then she let me in on the secret that they had changed the bathrooms. Then, she said that they switched the bathrooms. The bathrooms are identical, so at mid term they switch them so everyone will have to walk the same amount. The halls are shaped kinda like a an H with the bar connecting each side being the elevator area and the community room. Anyway, on the inside of each outer part of the H, there is a bathroom. The guys bathroom was on my side of the H, but now I have to walk through the middle portion to get to the guys bathroom. That would explain the little containers by each stall I noticed the night earlier.

Besides this today was rather boring, but I got a lot done, because my only class was canceled today since my teacher's father had some clot that could potentially be fatal. She stayed in the hospital with him. Also, Amy stayed at Georgetown today, so I only had homework to do the whole day. I also did my I'm being to lazy routine, so I skipped breakfast and lunch, since I got up pretty late. I then did 1000 jumping jacks, 300 push-ups, 300 sit-ups, 200 lunges, 370 water bottle curls, and 310 seconds worth of holding my feet close to the ground but off of it to keep my stomach muscles tightened. All of these exercises were over the whole course of the day, so it wasn't too much, though I did pretty tired by the end.

Charlie stayed in the room almost all day today, which was unusual for him as far as I know, but anyway, that's about all that happened.

I also had a little argument with the Housing and Dining programs people to allow our room status to stay triple, but in the end we got it figured out. We will leave the furniture in the room and have to be ready for someone to move in at any time, but that should be OK.

Goodnight! I'm going to bed early today:)

3 comments:

  1. What a strange world we live in. You think they would announce it if they are planning to switch bathrooms. The idea of co-ed bathrooms is still hard for me to get used to. Glad they kept your room as a triple. Hope you don't have too many other changes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought. Maybe they would have put signs on the bathroom doors, at least!

    Glad you're learning how to handle change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did, but it is just a sign beside the door, and I didn't really look at it, because I was so used to it.

    ReplyDelete