Sunday, October 10, 2010

Catch-up attempt 1

I left off at the Kennedy Center for all practical purposes. Anyway the performance, "Shear Madness" was somewhat of an improv play. It took place at the Shear Madness hair salon in Georgetown. There were some people in the salon while someone else in an upstairs apartment was murdered. It was the job of the audience to ask questions and figure out who killed the lady upstairs. The characters involved were 2 salon stylists, and 4 other people.

On Sunday, I went down to Georgetown to study with Amy, since we didn't do much homework at all on the day of our date. We worked on homework for quite a while, but then I had to go back up to AMerican to watch a video called, "City of Joy" for my Global Majority class. It was a really good movie that basically just showed the overall scene in India which was our topic for the following Tuesday. It just started to rain as I was leaving Georgetown, so I got soaked. I talked to my family on my walk back to American.

On monday, I did more homework as best I could and then went to Sociology. The class itself is really fun, and the readings are interesting, but I'm kinda confused as to the concepts and also the big assignment kinda scares me. She doesn't mark down from an A, she "marks up from a C." Anyway, right after that class, I got on the shuttle to go to the metro. But, as I read through the project guidelines once again before starting the project, I realized that I first needed to do some back ground information on the mall that I was to attend. Here is the basic Idea of the project. We have to go to 2 different malls and do research in 6 different areas to get an overall idea about the malls and our society in general. I went to the Pentagon City mall, formerly entitled the Fashion Center Mall, which is located right off the Metro. The mall was really cool compared to all of the ones I have seen in Montana. Everything was white, and there were big glass windows on the ceiling. The railings were golden as were other borders around the mall. It had tons of clothing stores, imagine that, and not all of the other categories. I had to look at 10 different ads around the mall and talk about the body positions, apparent social status, and overall impression of the ad. I also went to a card store, and to Gamestop, and Macy's. It was a fancy, pretty rich people's mall with an Apple store, and lots of top notch clothing stores that I had never before heard of.

Off to church, but I'll finish the update today.

No comments:

Post a Comment