Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Shopping, and Classes

By: Travis

Today, Amy and I went to the stores again. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond first, and looked to see how much the various needed items would cost there. I bought an awesome measuring cup that has teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, ml, and even grams of sugar and flour needed to fill the specific volume on the cup. It is definitely something that I would like. I do like it actually:) It is shaped like a plain drinking glass, but has quite thick clear glass with red markings. After that, we went to target, and bought some bowls, and a small plate, and lots more food items. They only had a few cup-o-noodles, but I took all 4 that were left after a lady had finished getting what she wanted. We then went back to Bed Bath and Beyond to get the other things that would be needed. I'm sorry about this other thing that I have done that would fail my Grandma Sacry. I didn't buy these pots and silverware at the thrift store... We just couldn't remember exactly where the places were, and decided that it might be better in this case to just go with the known area and spend a little more unnecessary money. I got all of the food and cooking supplies for only 89 dollars, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. I have a big closet full of food in my room. Lots of pasta meals and some ramen noodles and cup of noodles. I also stored some lemonade, oatmeal cream pies, and Nutty Bars. Anyway, it is looking pretty good for food I think.

After we went shopping and then came back to unpack everything in my dorm, we looked all around campus to find where each of my classes are. The first one we went to was in the McKinley building which is right across from my dorm room. Both of my physics classes are in there. The lecture type class will be held in room 108, and the lab is in the basement in room 14. Both of those rooms are very easy to find. Then, we went to Ward Building to find a couple more classes. The Global majority and American Society were easy to find, and the Calculus room in the upper classrooms will also be easy to find, because I have a break in the time before Calculus with which to find it. Today was really hot by the way. It was sunny and it was always a bad feeling to go outside any of the air conditioned buildings. That concludes the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment