Wednesday, August 25, 2010

HOMEWORK!!!!!!!

So, you may be wondering why I didn't post anything yesterday. The main reason was I had 4 classes on Tuesday. I got more homework than I have ever had, which was to be expected I guess, but still, I just felt crushed. So overwhelmed! I just wanted to cry! I did a couple of times actually, but then I just told myself... "Hey! You can do this Travis, what is all this silly emotion? You don't have time for emotion. Get back to work!"

I'll tell you a little about my other classes now.
First, I had Physics. (8:30-9:45 TF and a lab 8:30-11:00 Th) Everyone seemed older than I did except for one freshman that I recognized. The professor tried to be funny quite a bit and I noticed one of the things he was doing before he said anything. He was just starting up his computer and humming. Then, he said, "I'm just humming to myself to distract all of you from the fact that my computer is booting up." It was funny to me, but I couldn't laugh out loud. He is a pretty nice seeming guy. He has brown hair and is somewhat short and clean shaven. We will use lots of electronic things here and Mastering Physics this online thing is one of them. We also use the buzzers like in Mr. Sacry's class to answer questions from our seats.

The next class I had was The Global Majority. (11:20-12:35 TF) It is an economics class. The teacher has a pretty strong accent that is German I think. Possibly Russian, but I'm not sure. He is pretty tall, and has glasses and looks a little nerdy, but seems pretty cool. The class lectures seem OK, but the reading I had to do for it was super boring! I could barely read it. I hope it gets better.

I then had Calculus. (2:10-3:25 TF and 2:10-3:10 W)There was a nice oldish man as the professor. He had a woven hat on as he came to class and he has big glasses. He also has suspenders and reminds me a little of Mr. MaCrossin. He is much smarter though, I'm sure, because he worked at the aerospace technology area. He was a spring board diver in college and so on the first day of class, we had an example of a diver and we were trying to find a way to determine the instantaneous speed of the diver. It was pretty interesting, but I felt outdone again, because this time, everyone else had already taken calculus in High School. Oh well, I think I'll be able to catch up to them anyway.

Starting only ten minutes after Calculus was Understanding Music. (3:35-4:50 TF) The professor showed up a little late, but seems like a pretty cool guy. He has one of those eyes that you can't tell where he is looking, but it isn't too noticeable, because I didn't notice until after I talked to him at the end of class. We did an activity in class in which we had to divide up in the different genres that we liked. In groups we had to discuss the Musical Elements of each genre. We also had to talk about the cultural impact of this music type, give several artists within the genre, and say why we like that genre. 4 members of each group presented the discussed topics to the class. There are 65 people in that class, which is by far my largest class.

Anyway, I have a ton of homework and feel very overwhelmed, but I bet I'll get used to it and maybe even enjoy it sometime. I now long for the other days in my life that were more fun and less stressful. Even when we were in DC before school started. Now its time for Business! I miss everyone at home. Goodnight all. I have an 8:30 Physics lab tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment