Friday, August 27, 2010

Amy gets home from Virginia :)

Yesterday afternoon I returned from visiting my aunt and uncle and cousins in Charlottesville. It was really great to see them all, but I was also feeling a bit antsy to get back for the start of my school. Travis came and saw me after his classes and it was wonderful to be back with him. The two of us went to the nearest metro stop where we met my dad who had just flown in. We all went to Chris’s apartment where he got in soon after from work. We sat around awhile, chatting and catching up. I think my dad really enjoyed seeing Chris again. We all walked over to Eastern Market in search of dinner. The first restaurant we stopped by the first one Chris knew of, but it was going to be a long wait, so our search continued. We ended up at a unique pizza place with all kinds of specialty pizzas. We decided on a chicken pesto pizza and a hotter, chipotle one called Fire and Smoke. They were oh so very delicious, and I look forward to when I can go there again. We also ordered some dessert which was a menagerie of some gelato, homemade doughnuts, and some molten lava chocolate cake that we all shared. I am getting re-hungry just thinking about it! After dinner we all walked back to the apartment and I had to pack up all my suitcases from the past two weeks. My dad and I went to our hotel and Travis went back to his dorm. I can’t believe I’ll be in my own dorm by tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment