Sunday, January 16, 2011

The weekend/ scooter fun!

So far, classes have been good, and on Friday, I realized that the History class won't be as boring as I had originally thought. I found it pretty interesting, and took notes like crazy on my laptop. I typed over 1500 words during class! Just on notes. I do, however, take notes in complete sentences for the most part, which would increase the word output, but I find that if I don't I just get too confused. Anyway, after classes on Friday, I walked down to Georgetown again. I met Amy in her dorm and we studied a while before going to her Auditions! She was super nervous, but did well, I imagine:) She even thought she did well, so I bet it was excellent! Spoiler... Anyway, she did get call backs for one of the plays, but she wasn't called back for the play she really wanted:( Tonight, Sunday, she has her call back for Suddenly Last Summer by Tennessee Williams. Anyway, we did a bit of homework, since there was some time between the auditions and the Movie.

We were going to go to the Movie, Social Network, at 7:30, but it was canceled due to technology problems. It was the movie this week at Georgetown and was free:) The movie itself was really good and was about the creation of Facebook by Mark Zuckerberg. He was cast in a pretty bad light in the movie, so I looked it up and found out that much of it was exaggerated. We were ready to watch it at 7:30, but since it wasn't available, we just waited in the building in which it was to be held, and worked on homework for a while. Some of the girls from Chi Alpha were leaving the building, so we talked to them for a little while. It was nice to see some people we knew. Anyway, Brooke told us about a funny video to watch called Ellen Degeneres Here and Now. It is really funny, but we only watched part of it.

We had been taking turns riding Amy's scooter around, since she had had it shipped here. It is pretty fun to ride. The reason I said that was that I then used it to ride home after the movie which got over late! It was a lot faster than walking, or even running, but it gets your legs really tired. I had also received a a text earlier that day saying that my scooter had come in! So, after I was really tired and sweaty from the ride back, I quickly unpacked my box as soon as I could get it to my room. It was tricky to get it there however, since I was carrying Amy's scooter in one hand and the huge 4x1.5x1 in the other. I also had my back pack, so I looked pretty awkward! So I realized that it was pretty awesome as soon as I unpacked it, and was excited to ride it to georgetown the following morning.

On Saturday, I woke up as early as I could, given that I went to bed fairly late, and then went to the Ace Hardware at Tenleytown. It is in the basement by THE CONTAINER STORE parking garage. The reason for my visit to the hardware store was to get some Allen Wrenches to adjust the scooter. So, basically, I had to ride all the way up to Tenleytown, then all the way down Wisconsin and onto 37th to go to Georgetown. It was a good first ride though. I met Amy at the Library and gave her her scooter that I had carried awkwardly in my backpack, and then we studied for a while. We then checked the Drama building several times for the call back postings mentioned earlier and then studied there a while when we found them no where in sight. That whole day, we must have looked quite silly riding around on our scooters all over campus. It isn't at all common to see them around, especially two of them. We got several compliments, but more chucklings as we whizzed by them. I think deep down they were just jealous that they couldn't get around as fast as we could:P So, after finally learning of the call back information, we went to the Leavey Center and watched the rest of Here and Now on Youtube. I then rode My scooter home and it was 22 minutes from the time I left Georgetown to the time I was back at my dorm... 7.8 mph! And it is mostly uphill to get back to American! I was pretty tired, but It was definitely worth it to get the scooter, as it is good exercise and greatly reduces the amount of time to a destination.

Today, I rode my scooter to Church and Amy rode hers, then we rode back to American and studied for a while, I mainly working on my mastering Physics and she reading history. We had some Ritz and Tuna and a can of fruit for lunch and then went to eat at my dining hall for dinner. I just realized how much good food they always have there! There was fried Chicken, and then soup. Also, they just have pizza too, and always something that I like. There was a baked potato bar too, but by the time I saw it, my plate was full, and I knew my stomach would be also. We had a good dinner and then Amy took her scooter and rode back to Georgetown. Her audition is at 8, so from 6:30 until 8, she gets to practice her southern drawl:)

We have been working hard on our homework on Saturday and Sunday, so we can have a fun day on Amy's day off. American has MLK day off as well, but I don't have classes on Monday, so it doesn't do me any added good. We are going to the Arlington National Cemetery, and the Pentagon City mall. We may also see the National Cathedral, but I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment