Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ice Skating at the Sculpture gardens

Saturday was a fairly average Saturday for Amy and I, as we studied, ate some breakfast (I actually just had a bagel that she smuggled out of her lunch room for me), and then Studied some more. We even took a break at 3 and played ping pong in the Alumni Lounge. It is the place where, on the second Friday of Amy's classes, I went to Georgetown and we played Taboo with some people. That was more of a special thing, but the room is often open for activities as you rent out the equipment. They have a pool table, a ping pong table, a foosball table, a big screen TV, a wii, and X box, and some tables for studying or board games. The way to play the things is you give them your ID, then you can rent the equipment, such as pool sticks, pool balls, ping pong things, or board games. It is a really fun place, though the heater is always too much. The ping pong table is really sturdy, and the balls really curvy, and there isn't much padding on the paddles, so it seems much different from playing at home, but it is really fun. Amy and I are both getting better I think. Amy is getting really good now, and can beat me at a single game, though I usually win 2 out of 3. The scores are close.

After playing ping pong, we went to the Leavy Center and got a Subway Sandwich... It was Delicious! We then studied some more in the BUsiness center before meeting to go Ice Skating. We met the rest of the CHi Alpha gang and then rode in a large van over to the Sculpture Gardens. We went a really strange way that was much longer than needed, but it was fun to hang out with those people. Several of the people had never been Ice Skating before, so it was new and it took a while to catch on. We waited in line for a while in the cold and then finally got our stickers. You put the sticker somewhere that is always visible, and then you just skate. There are different colored stickers, so for every hour there can be 2 colors of stickers on the ice. You buy a pass for 2 hours, starting on the hour, so your pass will be good while 2 other sets of colors will be with you. One for the first hour, and then a new batch for the second hour. Before we skated, the Zamboni redid the ice, so it was really smooth as we skated at first. Then it got more and more scuffed up and eventually there was about 3/16ths of an inch of snow like material on the Ice. It was pretty fun, although it was organized. Everyone had to just go in circles. It was really great to Ice Skate again though, since it had been several years since I had done it.

After skating, we went into the building that was nearby. It had expensive food for sale and very delicious brownies! They were very good! Very chocolatey and gooey and wonderful! Anyway, I bought one of them after having tried someone's brownie. We sat in there for a while waiting for the last of the people that were on the ice and also just to get warm. It was about 20 degrees with 50% humidity, so it was pretty cold. We then rode back to Georgetown taking a faster route, and then Amy and I studied some more before I caught the Circulator bus to go to Du Pont Circle.

It was a very good day, and it was fun to Skate with Amy:)

Today, I woke up, got ready, and walked to Church with my French Horn. There are 2 trumpet players in the congregation as well, and we played some songs that were arranged for us. It sounded really awesome, and I was glad to play with them! We even sounded good... according to the around 8 people that talked to me after the service. Amy and I then waited around for a ride and are now studying in the Library. I finished all the work that I can do now, so I got distracted and will now have to get some more calculus to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment