Monday, February 7, 2011

Yet another week.

This past week was pretty busy, but the weekend was fun although crowded.

On Friday, Amy and I went on a Date to Dupont Circle. I bought her a flower, and the only place I found close to Dupont that was an actual store closed at 5, and we were meeting at 7, so I waited around there for a long time in the Books A Million. I had a sample of some delicious cookies and also walked around the store a bit. They had a bunch of Day calenders that were only 3 dollars, so I looked at them, almost contemplating getting one, but I didn't get one. They had a "You might be a redneck..." one, and also several trivia ones and such. For the majority of the time, however, I tried to study. I have my history readings on my zune, so I listened to that for probably an hour and a half. Then I met Amy at the GUTS bus stop, and she looked mighty fine! She had a dress, which she later told me was on sale at Urban Outfitters. Then, she also had some very uncomfortable looking heels that made her about as tall as me, so her feet were sore by the time we got to Meiwah. I had forgotten that she might wear heels, so when I chose a restaurant, I chose on that was about .4 miles a way, and we definitely needed the place to sit down when we arrived. It was an interesting place, since the people outside were sparse, but when we got there, it was quite the happening place. We went upstairs and then ordered our food. I ordered General Tso's Chicken, and she had some beef fried rice. Then, when our food arrived, she said, "Here's your general Tso's tofu" in a strong asian accent, so I couldn't quite understand her for sure. I was hoping that I had misheard her, but they were in squares, so I thought it was Tofu... Then, I tried a little piece and decided that I would have to be one of those obnoxious people that send plates back:( There were 3 different people attending to our table though, so it was understandable, yet strange to have so many. Anyway, she gave me a tie that she had found from Urban Outfitters. It is a really nice black tie with little white polka dots on it. PS I had learned a few different ways to tie a tie from the internet, because before I only knew how to do one that was a little off center. Here it is if you want to check it out:

http://www.neckties.com/content/howtotieatie.html

We then walked to the metro and then sat in my room for a while and listened to music. It was good not to worry about homework for once! Then, we walked down nebraska to find a cab for her to get home. She had heels, so I couldn't walk her home as I would have.

Saturday was a huge day of Studying for both of us, and then I rode my scooter down to Georgetown in the evening to play ping pong and to watch the free movie that they had there. It was pretty good, and was called It's kind of a funny Story.

On Sunday, we went to Church and then went to Lillian and Wendell Wallace's house afterward. We were going there to watch the superbowl, but the day before discovered that they would be taking their grand daughter who was visiting from Spain to some of the Museums after church. So, we got a ride to their house from the Old couple who's last name escapes me. Anyway, he is really old, and still is fairly active and walks 2 miles each day. He is 96 I think. IT is the man that was the President of Graceland many many years ago. Lillian had made us some food and it was in the fridge, so we heated it up. It was really nice of her. We then watched TV and watched Michigan State get crushed by Wisconsin:( We worked on homework for a while too. Then, we went over to their neighbors house for a party. THere were a bunch of older people, so the conversation was much different than the usual Superbowl parties I had gone to. One of the people was from Egypt, so that was a pretty emotional topic for her. There was lots of good food, and soup and cookies and everything I would have wanted for a party. IT was really fun, and we were glad to meet those people.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Today has been studying and there is still some to be done.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was Ed Gleazer. Glad you had a nice weekend. Have a happy Valentines day next week! We have choir that night, so no big plans for us. Although we like to celebrate on Feb 16th, that's the day we officially were engaged.

    Miss you,

    Tante

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Travis,
    So nice to hear from you. Glad you had a fun date. That's a big step to be assertive enough to ask them to redo your food. Sunday sounds fun too. The church people are good to you!

    This week I have piano lessons and tutoring and Bible study (here) and watching basketball games and trying to help Erica get well. She has a sore throat and is feverish/achy. Darcy has two extra home JV games scheduled this week. That's good because they hardly have enough people to practice against on their own. Friday they go to Townsend and Sat to Missoula Loyola. Next weekend is the district tournament.

    Thanks for being such a good kid.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete